Friday 10 February 2012

Fashion Forward Fiction Friday (5)



The Broken Destiny (Broken, #1)The Broken Destiny (Broken #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne

Her Destiny is to Rise against the fall that threatens to take her soul. Her soul is the Key to unlocking a secret weapon.But to know her soul she has to hate it first, and then come back from that. Her Destiny starts with Betrayal.
The Broken
Destiny
RELEASING 2012
I know this cover is minimum on fashion wardrobe wise but after the cover real at I Heart YA Books , I'd be crazy to not give it the props it deserve.  I recently had a photoshoot, where the MUA on set completely transformed the model to A GODDESS.  Seeing it all unfold, and from personal experience, I know applying make up is not as simple as it looks.  This cover inspires me. Simply breathtaking and has awakened me to bring back Fashion Forward Fiction Fridays.  Since this segment won't be complete without an actual fashion forward cover, here's another "sigh" worthy  title I stumbled across:

The Treachery of Beautiful ThingsThe Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long


The trees swallowed her brother whole. And Jenny was there to see it. Years later, when she returns to the woods where Tom was taken to say good-bye at last, she finds herself lured into a world where stunning beauty masks the most treacherous of evils, and strange and dangerous creatures await—creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with allegiances that shift as much as his moods. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack’s help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where nothing is what it seems, no one is who they say, and she’s faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice—and not just her own.
It's that time of year again!  Prom Time!  I've already begun to get requests for custom gowns and I have a feeling many will look like this.  Besides, who doesn't want to look like a princess? 



You can participate too!  Just comment below!

About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring celebrity junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))



No comments:

Post a Comment