Wednesday 22 February 2012

ARC Review: When Copper Suns Fall by KaSonndra Leigh

When Copper Suns Fall (Copper Suns, #1)When Copper Suns Fall by KaSonndra Leigh

My rating: ♥❥



In fifteen-year-old Chela Prizeon’s city, alchemy is forbidden and angels hide among the mortal. With a deadly virus ravaging the globe, Chela’s nightmarish memories compels her to experience a past riddled with gloom, and now her brother is infected.

Chela’s only hope is the Caduceans, slayers sworn to protect the last seven Light Keepers and the ancient memories they share. A group led by the sometimes elusive, sometimes infuriating boy who intrigues Chela. But can she trust this boy with the mysterious past, someone who can influence her memories?

With the Caduceans aid, Chela races to defeat her rivals, to unearth dark family secrets, desperate to find a cure…only to discover the glutovirus is far more than a simple disease.

In this haunting debut, KaSonndra Leigh offers an escape into an intriguing new world filled with celestial creatures, fascinating villainy, high-stake choices, and a secret romance, When Copper Suns Fall, is a fresh and original urban fantasy—with a dystopian twist—that will take readers on an unforgettable adventure.


Thanks to the folks over at Read It & Reap for entrusting me with an honest review.

I had such high hopes for this book, but it fell short of my expectations. I found myself reading it in zombie mode. In other words, I felt very detached. I kept getting déjà vu of the Hunger Games in the beginning. Then just when the story line started to prove me wrong, something else would turn me off. I failed to sense the danger. The romance aspect was a little intriguing, but I felt weirded out by the reoccurring reference to wrists. *Sigh* At last, I had to set the book down and move on to more exciting adventures within the margins of another novel.
Perhaps in the near future I will give this a review redemption (option 2).



About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment