Wednesday 15 February 2012

Review: Remembrance by Michelle Madow

Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)Remembrance by Michelle Madow

My rating: ♥♥♥


Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


I was given a free copy of this Ebook for review from the author. I support the Tell Taylor Project, even after reading the book, but I would be a liar to not point out why I’m wearing a smirk right now.

I’m sort of on the fence about this book. I liked it, but I wanted to LOVE it. When I heard it was about Taylor Swift and her song “Love Story”, I went nuts. That song is what helped me first discover the artist, and it has been my favorite ever since. Needless to say, now I love Taylor Swift. Yes, I do! So just like the next fan, I was singing “Love Story” off key in my head as I read this book.

But at last, this did not make me a believer in reincarnated love. I have serious issues with portrayal of the characters. Drew was a perpetual asshole throughout the ages. I just could not grow to like him, even at the end. Lizzy…..*sigh*….I just can’t see how her actions are justified. It was a believable tale, but so totally messed up. Maybe if the boyfriend was a bigger jerk or the BFF was a total B!@##$$%, I would think differently about the “guy leading a girl on to avoid another chick-then that chick breaks up with her longtime boyfriend to steal said guy from her best friend” situation. But I wasn’t sympathetic in the end. What little love Drew and Lizzy felt was from the past life and unfair to base their actions on in the present day. I feel terrible to say, but in book two, I look forward to the classmate’s isolation and whispering in the halls. Wouldn’t it be funny is Chas planned revenge while her dad and Lizzy’s mom secretly dated? Now that would be a big ol’ slice of, what was it the Rock used to say, pie. Justice will be served in my mind if that happens. Better yet, I look forward to their relationship developing and having something stable to build upon.



What can I say?  Today's a swanky kind of day!

About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment