Tuesday 21 February 2012

Review: Witchy, Witchy by Penelope King

Witchy, WitchyWitchy, Witchy by Penelope King

My rating: ♥♥♥♥


Book #1 in the SPELLBOUND trilogy

When sixteen-year-old-Calista moves from the slums of the Louisiana Bayou to an illustrious beach side community in California, she knew her life was going to take a drastic change. But once she arrives at the beautiful mansion by the sea, dark secrets are revealed...secrets that become even more complicated when she meets the gorgeous neighbor boy, Nicholas, and she feels an unexplainable--and undeniable--attraction. He's everything she's ever dreamed of. Literally.

Life almost seems perfect. But as everyone knows, when something seems too good to be true...it usually is. And in Calista's case, the results could be deadly.

Witchy, Witchy is a full-length paranormal romance/fantasy novel. Book #2 in the Spellbound series, Kiss the Crystal Sun, will be available spring 2012.


Thanks to Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics and R2R on GoodReads for entrusting me with an honest review.
The name was ridiculous, and I thought the dreamy cover was too elementary. *Sigh* And then I turned to the first page…

This book made me absolutely giddy. This is like a supernatural coming of age novel. Being from the hills of Tennessee and moving all over the world, I could relate to the main character. It’s not easy to feel welcome in the BIG city when you have a country drawl. The enemies in this book were tangible, infuriating, and REALLY went for blood. I could feel my own blood boil. The supporting characters were great. Sophie in particular, was downright comic relief and Lily was the grounding factor. Oh and there was a leading man. Or dream man I should say. If the scenes with him weren’t a dream, I would probably gag, but because they were played off as imaginary infatuations, I was right on board…drooling on my Nook. This world of witchcraft was introduced conversationally like snippets of education in girl talk. Very casual and I like that it wasn’t just shoved at the reader in the beginning. I couldn’t have been more devastated, then when the words stopped and the story ended.



About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment