Sunday 12 February 2012

RANT/RAVE # 2





Rant & Rave: because sometimes, I've just got to vent. After being the nice little, sometimes doormat, darling for 20-something years, some things just get to me. Won't it be fun if I shared?


This is not directly any any one person.  It is something I needed to get out from a number of previous run in's with authors and it needs to be reiterated, in writing, for future reference.

I blog about books for the pure joy of tracking my thoughts. It's like a diary for me. I don't do it because I know someone is reading it. That's always a thought in the back of my mind. However, I do it more so for me. At the same time, I don't go around setting ants on fire with magnifying glasses. I don't enjoy giving low ratings, because if I do, chances are it hurt me far more suffering through reading it then again with remembering the pain while writing my review. I read alot. On public transit on the 2 hour ride en route to work, during my hour lunch, on the 2 hour ride back home, and a little before I go to sleep. Then when I'm not sewing or blogging, I read some more. There's not much, besides anime, that interests me more. I added the review policy form on my blog after getting too many emails and GoodRead notes asking if I can review their book. That told me, "hey people are actually listening to me."

Sorry I'm rambling, but there is much to be said before I get to the point.

In the event I post something that offends, do tell me. At the same time, be prepared for whatever response I give. I am NOT a mean person. At the same time, I am not a chump. I will not be bullied by people who valued my opinion enough to allow me to review their book, and then get snarky when I don't give the review they like.

I am entitled to my own opinion. You did not pay me, nor did you make me sign a contract before sending me your book.

I understand that a book is an author's blood, sweat, and tears. If I ever put my fashions on front street with a fashion blogger and they don't like it, oh well. I would not dare write them about it and tell them they're not "being fair." It's called criticism. I would shut up and listen and maybe even grow from it. Authors have dreams of being on the best seller's list, and I have dreams of seeing my designs on the red carpet. Let's face it, it won't happen for every designer or author out there. That's a fact I've come to terms with. EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY.

But DREAMS make the world go round, so dream on.  I know I will.

But I'm ever the nice girl with my review redemption option 1 & 2. I thought I was doing authors a favor with this. Maybe not. Maybe I should not be so nice about it, talk exactly about how a book sucks, and bash the book, while devoting entirely too much of my time and give the authors more publicity.  It may be even worst to ignore the author or play the avoidance game in an effort to giving them the review they requested.

But rest assured I won't do any of that rude stuff.
♥  I will also never delete a post.

♥  If I cannot finish a book, I will not torture myself. (It will get a "0" rating...point blank)

♥  If said same unfinished book, goes into review redemption pile, I'll buy a copy (if that pleases the author)  for a friend to review. If they don't like it also........I'll give it one last shot after I finish my other books. If I still don't like it......I'M SORRY!

♥  Once I post a review to my blog, it's FINAL. If I change my mind after a second read, I will do a new post update. However, my feelings a the time, are my feelings at the time.

Please don't take the stuff personal! I'm sure you're great at what you do; but I wouldn't put a straight man in a formal gown and expect him to brag to his friends about it.






About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment