Monday 5 March 2012

Review: A Merman's Kiss by Laura Lond

A Merman's KissA Merman's Kiss by Laura Lond

Ebook, 80 pages
Published October 20th 2011 by Createspace (first published October 15th 2011)

My rating: ♥♥♥❥

 
The old legend says that a merman’s kiss will make a girl pretty and bring her luck. One poor working girl is desperate enough to try it. She is warned that she must do everything exactly as she is told… but never warned about the effect it might have on the merman.


I was entrusted with an Ebook copy for honest review from the author.

A Merman's Kiss is one of those books I can quickly see becoming a classic. I'm surprised it's not already on the radar for film makers. First off it's a very quick read! Seriously you can read it in one sitting. I don't mean just because of the length but because the subtle suspense is definitely a page turner. The characters were a little bland. I would have appreciated more drama and romance, but the lack thereof doesn't diminish the overall story. If you think you know how it will end, you're wrong. It's not really fairy tale; it was bitter sweet. I've never heard the old legend of a merman’s kiss, but after reading this I will definitely start seeking more mer-romance to read. There's no explicit blush worthy content to worry about with the YA readers. I would recommend this to romance or fantasy readers of all kinds.


  
About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment