Sunday 4 March 2012

In My Mailbox #13

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.
It's been a slow week "request wise", but I'm VERY HAPPY with what did come in my mailbox & inbox!

This was requested for review from the author:

Jessamine
Jessamine by Eugenia O'Neal
Expected publication: June 2012
GoodReads Synopsis:

Jessamine tells the story of Grace Hylton, an African-American, who arrives on the Caribbean island of St. Crescens full of doubts about her husband’s political aspirations, doubts about her marriage and doubts about the wisdom of relocating. Her native-born husband, Julian, has lived most of his adult life in the States but has come back to St. Crescens, determined to pull his country out of the cauldron of corruption, nepotism and crime into which the leading political dynasty has taken it.

An architect by training, Julian buys and restores Jessamine, an old Great House. What the Hyltons don’t know is that Jessamine is home to the ghost of Arabella Adams who lived there as a governess during the late 1800s.

Jessamine is told from the alternating viewpoints of the two women – both foreigners, both married to local men. An old injustice binds them across the century that separates them, but can Grace discover its roots before St. Crescens is plunged into violence and chaos?

*Squeling* This book sounds and LOOK awesome.  I can not wait to start reading!

This came in my mailbox:
 It was ordered via my Amazon WishList.  BIG Thanks to the gifter!!!


Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light with Adaptor - Purple

So what's in your mailbox?


About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment