Sunday 8 January 2012

Goddess in the Light Sphere Photoshoot

Okay so this is my second project of the new year.  I'm super excited about it.  I love photo shoots!

(My first is a photo shoot for 4 Indie book covers.  I'm still casting for a make-up artist (MUA), hair stylist, also looking for rental studio space in the Washington DC area.)

So back on topic:
 
The theme for this project is "Goddess in the light sphere".
This is what came to mind when I was approached with participating: 


Lights,
Image borrowed from naruj.com

Theatrical Colors,
ROY G BIV
 & a whole lot of artificial smoke!
 
Image borrowed from Jenny Matlock

So I'm brainstorming and wondering, why is every Goddess I can think of is nude?  Is it just me, or is every statue, drawing or painting of a Goddess barely clothed?  I'm not big on Greek mythology, but if you look it up you'd see what I mean.  Those Goddess are NOT modest, but I am.


Anyway so time to think of "what defines a goddess?"

elegant (so then I think of a long flowing gown)


Image borrowed from wedding-cake-dress



mysterious (makes me think hood or cloak)

Image borrowed from beltal

 In this photo shoot, My choice in fabric color is going to play a big part in fully expressing that the model is a Goddess:

I'm thinking to do a play on color symbolism:



Excitement, energy, passion, love, desire, speed, strength, power, heat, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war, violence, all things intense and passionate.

Pink symbolizes love and romance, caring, tenderness, acceptance and calm.

Beige and ivory symbolize unification. Ivory symbolizes quiet and pleasantness. Beige symbolizes calm and simplicity.

Joy, happiness, betrayal, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard and friendship.

Peace, tranquility, cold, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, technology, depression, appetite suppressant.

Turquoise symbolizes calm. Teal symbolizes sophistication. Aquamarine symbolizes water. Lighter turquoise has a feminine appeal.

Royalty, nobility, spirituality, ceremony, mysterious, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning.

Lavender symbolizes femininity, grace and elegance.

Energy, balance, enthusiasm, warmth, vibrant, expansive, flamboyant, demanding of attention.

Nature, environment, healthy, good luck, renewal, youth, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, envy, misfortune, vigor.

Earth, stability, hearth, home, outdoors, reliability, comfort, endurance, simplicity, and comfort.

Security, reliability, intelligence, staid, modesty, dignity, maturity, solid, conservative, practical, old age, sadness, boring. Silver symbolizes calm.

Reverence, purity, birth, simplicity, cleanliness, peace, humility, precision, innocence, youth, winter, snow, good, sterility, marriage (Western cultures), death (Eastern cultures), cold, clinical.

Power, sexuality, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, evil, unhappiness, depth, style, evil, sadness, remorse, anger, anonymity, underground, good technical color, mourning, death (Western cultures).




I will meet the models for an initial fitting and start sketching my ideas this week. 
I would love to hear your thoughts!
So what words define goddess to you? 
 Stay Tuned:  Next week I'll show you my sketches, fabric choices, and models.

Here's the sketches:
Look #1
Look # 2
Look # 3

About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment