Saturday 21 January 2012

Review: Paradox: The Angels Are Here (Paradox #1) by Patti Roberts

Paradox: The Angels Are Here (Paradox, #1)Paradox: The Angels Are Here by Patti Roberts

My rating: ♥♥♥
ebook, 122 pages
Published October 18th 2010 by Patti Roberts, via Smashwords


My name is Juliette. Nine hundred years ago, I died. Now my soul lives on in the body of a young girl...

Grace's world is turned upside down by a visitor,the Angel of Death. She finds herself trapped in a nightmare, consumed by her paralyzing loss and overwhelming grief. The haunting visions and untimely deaths of others are a constant reminder that life and death are only a heartbeat away.

A journey crossing Two Worlds. One Ancient - One New.

How do the heartbreaking visions experienced by a little girl fit into this Ancient World of Angels, Myth & Legend?

Where lives are bound by blood - and nothing is as it seems. In a World where there are more questions than answers. This journey will leave you wanting and have you asking... Who, When, Where?

Is your Guardian Angel From Heaven or Hell...?
This is not a story about Vampires. However, we are talking about a predatory being that existed long before the word Vampire was ever whispered… the real monsters behind the legendary Vampire myths that reigned in Ancient times. They were a race of Fallen Angels called Grigorians. With their black feathered wings and their unyielding taste for human flesh and blood, it is easy to see how the myths about Vampires first began. And so today, while mankind continues to be enthralled by tales about Vampires and such, the real identity of the true villain, the Grigorian, remains hidden and free to walk among us at will...

There are those that know the truth. The Bulguardians. An Imperial race of Angels who continue to hunt and fight to the death in a bid to save humanity from extinction.

I've should have done my homework first!
I was requested by Shut Up & Read to review this book and give a honest review. I noticed it was only a little over one hundred pages, so I figured this will be a quick and fun read.

Ummm, about fifty pages in, I was so utterly confused. There were beings with mystical powers, Angels(??) I think, humans, previous incarnation flashbacks. All seemingly interesting but not composed systematically. I found myself questioning my motivation to finish this book. I had no idea how all this tied together or where the story was headed.

I'm not into mindless reading for the sake of giving some kind of review; so there was no way I was going to force myself to go through the motions of reading a story I wasn't feeling. Then I decided to read the synopsis. I don't normally read the whole synopsis prior; for fear that it'll contain spoilers. READ THE SYNOPSIS BEFORE READING THIS BOOK. It is seriously a must. (So scroll back up and read it if you skipped over it.) The synopsis is the legend for the entire book.

Needless to say, I had an "AHA" moment and decided to start over from the beginning. NOW it makes sense. This completely changed my view on the story. It's actually pretty good concept and over all story. However nothing is straight forward and in the end you're still left with a lot of questions.


About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment