Wednesday 11 January 2012

Free at Amazon Wednesday Jan. 11

Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

"Ms. Waldron does a wonderful job of recreating an authentic feeling of life in 18th century Austria. I am a music lover myself, and I enjoyed reading the names of the composers and other luminaries he ran across in his brief life: Salieri and Sussmeyer are fairly well known, but other lesser-known names were just as intriguing." ~ Al Past, Amazon reviewer


"I bought this book for my music professor wife, and wound up reading it myself. It's, at once, light-hearted and historically momentous. I was beguiled to walk the streets of Vienna with Wolfi and Stanzi, and watch from the wings as Amadeus's genius washes over the audience." ~ Tim Fleming

"A novel so wonderful I WISH I'D WRITTEN IT MYSELF! This is historical fiction at its best, with the gaps in the record filled in by an intelligent and well-informed imagination." ~ Amazon reader  

"As a huge Mozart fan, I found this the very best Mozart novel I've ever read, especially since it's in the point of view of Constanze, his long-suffering wife. The prose is extremely beautiful. I can only compare it to who I consider the master of beautiful prose, LaVeryle Spencer. She has a way of conveying emotions that no other writer can." ~ Diana Rubino, Historical Author

"I was blown away by this novel because it truly is excellent. Waldron's prose is gorgeous all the way through, capturing the reader because of its reality and passion and lyrical quality in a way that enhances the scope of the story, based on history." ~ Beth Anderson, author

"Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron is a richly textured and painstakingly researched trip into the eighteenth century. Waldron's prose is clean, infinitely readable. She develops her characters brilliantly and without sentimentality. The overriding sense is that of *the real* Stanzi Mozart is voluptuous, spirited, and wretched by turns." ~ Live and the Artist


Mirror Images by Elizabeth Delisi



When Cassie buys an antique compact, little does she know it can foretell the future--her future. Marjorie, a Florida girl unwillingly transplanted to Vermont, learns there's more to fear from the alien snowfall than just the cold. Neil Dallas's jagged descent from rock and roll singer to drug-addicted has-been is unstoppable...or is it?



Let these eerie tales take you to a place where nothing is as it seems--where the only thing you can rely on is unexpected.  

Mirror Images 

Featuring: 

Mirror, Mirror
Snow Spirits
Music Man
Curiosity Killed the FPS Man
Jury of One

“A collection of short stories by author Elizabeth Delisi. The very first story is titled the same as the entire anthology, Mirror Images. I cannot honestly say which I liked the most! All through the first, I thought This is excellent. They must have placed this one first to hook the readers. Then I read the second story. Woops! There went THAT theory!





It is much like watching "Tales From The Crypt" or "The Twilight Zone". Each are awesome and pull you in quickly, but a bizarre twists will shock your system! A KEEPER! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!” ~ Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment