Friday 20 January 2012

Dreamheart Spotlight # 4


Jyoti Sackett Photography
MUA Madhuri Shana Bertram
 

When one takes an artist from behind a canvas and then puts them in front of the canvas…Oh the magic one can create.


In this fourth installment of Dreamheart Spotlight, I was fortunate to get an interview with the artistic, versatile, and alluring, Malu. She began this path by chance when a friend asked her to model for her make-up artistry portfolio. Malu is a former dancer and singer with an eye for framing interesting pictures. This entertainer has found modeling to be an artistic outlet.

“I like contributing to beautiful photography,” she said, “I also found runway to be a type of performing. I certainly feel like I am taking on a role and playing off the audience's mood; it's fun!” 



Paws 4 A Cause Charity Fashion Show
Hair by Salon Cielo stylists, Rhonda, Shannon, Rachel
Designers: Raquel, Jessica Lemmer, and Platos Closet

Makeup Artist-Reggie Jackson
Fashion Director-Anya Faruque
Malu has a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and plans to pursue a master's degree in Music Therapy. “I'm not as interested in modeling as a career path as I am in it being an expression of art”, she said, “my favorite pictures are ones that tell a story, that evoke emotion in the viewer.”

In spite of not having former training and not represented by an agent, Malu still believes she’s fit for being a model. ” I am aware of how my body looks and what poses are good for creating certain lines. I am comfortable in front of a camera and on stage, and I think  a successful model needs both.” Malu’s eyes have been called “exotic” and this feature sets her apart from other models.

Malu’s goals as a model include continuing to make art for fun with the hopes of more paid gigs and more runway shows. She aspires to model in commercial projects as that would be a new challenge. “There are so many great designers and I would love to contribute to their success by modeling their clothes.”

Malu does not have a strict diet, nor does she follow a rigorous work out routine. “I love food!” she exclaimed. Malu does yoga twice a week, but her primary method of physical activity is, surprisingly, work. “I am on my feet a lot as a server and I feel like I get a decent upper body workout lifting heavy plates all day long!”

Malu is frequently available to model locally and she is willing to travel a few hours from where she lives with ample notice.



Ron Dressel Photography
Kristine Maria Makeup Artistry
   
Want to know more about this Dreamheart?

The best way to contact Malu for either more information and/or booking:

Model Mayhem: 2167679


Thanks for logging on to Dreamheart Spotlight today!  Show Malu love!  Also, be sure to check out next week's great feature! 
About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))



No comments:

Post a Comment