Thursday 12 January 2012

Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)

by

My rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ EPIC

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

Only a few times per decade do a book or motion picture evolves beyond the realms to fable to EPIC! Think of it and you would agree: Star Wars (1970’s), E.T. (1980’s), Star Track-series (1970’s), Waiting to Exhale (1990’s), Chronicles of Narnia(????), Harry Potter(1990’s),Lord of the Rings(2000’s). The list goes on and one, but the truth remains that it is then no longer “just a story” but an EXPERIENCE! The Hunger Games was an EXPERIENCE for me; and I think for everyone who picked up the first book in this series and had the testicular fortitude to see it through to this last book. I was afraid that the story would lose momentum, but it didn’t. Mockingjay was like the explanation point. I did not read this book.  I lived this book.  I want to hate Suzanne Collins for what she did to Finnick.  My heart is officially and irreparably broken. I'll never get over him; but I'm not going to be bitter and not be happy for Katniss or the rest of the story for that matter. If you haven’t read this series, then do it now. I’m sure the movie won’t compare.



About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment