Friday 27 January 2012

New interview with author Roseanne Dowell


Multi-published author, Roseanne Dowell, former school secretary and writing instructor, is an avid reader and writes various types of romance – paranormal, contemporary and mystery. Living in Northeast Ohio, she’s married with six grown children, fourteen grandchildren and one great grandchild. She spends her time between writing, quilting and embroidering. She’s been published since 2006 with seven new releases in 2011. She also enjoys blogging, tweeting, facebooking and posting on various writers groups.

 
BWL: How long have you been writing and in what genres?

I swear I was born writing, but I didn’t start submitting until 2002. I write romance of all types. Sweet romance, mystery romance, even a few paranormal romance (with ghosts).

BWL: Where you do get your inspiration?

I get my ideas from watching people – in restaurants, grocery stores, even in cars next to me. Sometimes from a newspaper or just a picture in a magazine.

BWL: Tell us about your book(s).

My latest book, Secrets, Lies, & Love is about Meghan Shelby who inherits the family home from her aunt – her last living relative. After a ten year absence, she returns to her hometown and discovers the home in disrepair, a body in the living room, feelings for an old flame, and troubling family secrets.

BWL: What about your next book?  Will it be part of a series or a stand alone?  Can you give us a taste to whet our appetites?

Not part of a series. They never are. My next book is Time to Love Again – a sweet romance about an older heroine who lost her parents, husband, and sisters within a few years of each other and gives up on relationships, locks herself away and becomes a recluse. The man next door insists on talking to her, his granddaughter (and her friends)  insist on playing in her yard, sledding, building snowmen,  and even throwing snowballs at her house, and the ghost of her sister insists on bringing up past memories.
 
BWL: Why did you choose to publish electronically?

I believe they’re the wave of our future.

BWL: What are your hobbies and interests?

When I’m not writing, I’m quilting or embroidering. I embroider squares and then put them together for a quilt. Right now I’m making a baby quilt who is due in May. I’ve made one for each of my grandchildren for when they have their first child.

BWL: What does the future hold for you?

Good things, I hope. I still have some story ideas – Ha, hundreds of them – locked away in my mind.

BWL: Where can readers find you?

They can email me at rodow62@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment