Saturday 21 January 2012

Review: Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1) by H.D. Gordon

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1)Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

My rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ❥
When her home is attacked by murderous vampires, 17-year-old Alexa is forced to leave her mother for dead in order to save her sister. She soon learns that she is the last known member of an elite race of supernatural Warriors, and is thrust into a world full of vampires and werewolves who all seem to regard her as some sort of savior. Meanwhile, Alexa battles a monster within herself that seeks to gain control; a monster that seeks blood.

The hidden city she finds herself in appears perfect, but Alexa's instincts tell her that all is not right within its walls. When she is asked to attend a school of fighters, whose exams consist of gladiator-style competitions, she must decide who she can trust among the smiling faces. And, when she meets Kayden, a vampire she feels undeniably drawn to, she must decide if she can trust herself.
This has been the best four days of my life. If not for work, it could have easily been reduced to hours. This was my very first e-book read on my very first e-reader and it did not disappoint. I’m talking 4.5-stars, but I'll round up to 5 for sites without a half scale.(I feel like being generous today.) Thanks to the good people over at Shut Up & Read for enthrusting me to give an honest review.

Every chance I got, my Nook was glued to my hands. I’ve never seen a vampire/lycanthrope story told like this. H.D. Gordon put a new spin on vampire culture creating species within the race and a gated society hidden within our world. Complete with ancient secrets, prophecies, and oppressed people and of course…a chosen one.

Who happens to be a very strong lead female, also known as, "kick ass heroine"!

In the beginning I was a little scared of being instantly turned off. The story starts with a seemingly abused teen girl living in a dysfunctional household and most ignored outcast of her high school. Then before you know it, WAM…..BAM……things get turned so far upside down, I didn’t know how I could have ever been fooled.

Alexa, her sister Nelly, and best friend Jackson flee this new world and that’s when the fun begins. We’re introduced to Kayden.

There’s a love triangle.

Seriously, a love triangle.

Clarification- a real love triangle where both men are great guys; and I don’t know who she’ll end up with.


My only complaint is I would have liked to see more romance and a little more fighting. However, there’s so much more awesomeness that I can explore that'll have you kicking in the library door and pillaging the mall, neighbors, family, and friends. *GASP* Just to get your hands on this, but that’s all I’m telling…..sorry. You'll have to just read the book. READ THIS BOOK NOW!


About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment