Sunday 1 April 2012

Client Mock Up: 20120404 (#2)

Okay so the count down started on Thursday, when we did our mock up fitting.  Since then...oh yeah it's been crunch time.  The client needs this by this Friday.  I had hoped to have this finished over the weekend.  Here it is Sunday and I am seriously freaking out! 

So far, I've been working on this particular project for 48 hours straight, with the exception of the 2 hours I spent meeting with another client.  Any who I ran into some serious issues.  Friday, the client approached me and informed me that the fabrics we decided on (I.E. the 100% teal silk) was not an exact match for the shoes that are to be worn. 


I drove a good part of the day on Saturday to DC, and 3 other cities in VA, but could not find a color match.  Just when I was about to give up, I found a place (G Street Fabrics...my new favorite store) that had an exact match for that weird shade of teal emerald.
But the catch, was the material I found wasn't suitable for my suit coat design.
So, I made it into a dress; found another material for the jacket and wallah:

The client originally requested a teal outer shell with pink lining.

This is not the finished just yet.  I still need to sew more pieces, but in the end it will be a short flirty number with a drapping effect.  With the jacket, I need to press and top stich everything to give it that polished look.


I hope the client likes this new approach.

 
About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment