Thursday 26 April 2012

Masquerade Read-Along April 1 - 28, 2012: Final Week (Q & A)


Chapters 24-31 Final Discussion Questions
1. Heven develops a new “supernatural power”. She remarks that it isn’t that exciting of a power. Is this a power you would like to have, if not what kind of supernatural power would you like to have?
I’ll admit that at first I thought her “supernatural power” was kind of lame.  I was like, “why can’t she be telepathic or telekinetic?” But then I read another book where ironically the character has the same power.  It was then that I realized being able to (don’t want to ruin it for other readers so I’m not saying) goes hand and hand with reading thoughts.  Now I’m satisfied.  If Heven can only learn how to control her power; it’ll make for a very interesting gift.


2. Which character do you think makes the biggest internal change throughout the course of this book? Is there a situation in your life that you can reflect back on as an experience that changed your life for the better?
Heven of course!  Rebuilding her confidence was a miraculous and very rewarding improvement.  I’ve had many eye opening experiences; but the biggest was when I served in the military.  I fought in Iraq.  Being that close to death and seeing bad stuff for over the years can definitely make you reflect on the value of your life; the impact you make on others; and the memory you leave when you leave this world of the living.  I used to have a very short temper.  Now it’s like I try very hard not to let the small things get to me.  I survived and a lot of my battle buddies weren’t as blessed; so I might as well start acting appreciative of my life and show people around me patience and more kindness.  I’m not perfect; and I may slip from time to time, but I’m very conscious of my actions and the way I use my words now.


3. Who is your favorite character and why?
Grams!  I love her.  Her unconditional love just reminds me so much of my own grandmother.


4. When the book ends the reader has an idea of what the next book will involve. Do you think the book ended in the appropriate place?
Not so much.  I wish it would have ended right when Sam saw and recognized his brother.  In short, I wish it was a cliff hanger (doom….doom…doom…. TO BE CONTINUED)!  It sort of started to frustrate me seeing that the little brother was going to be like torn in the side.  I wanted to at least hope that Sam and Heven would progress with their relationship, and then here he comes.  I bet he’s going to be a serious “player hater” and “blocker” also known as interference and #1 distraction.


5. Do you have any predictions for the next book in the series, Charade?
Yep, so they’re going to go to Rome.  Kimmie will be chugging Hater-Aide while her boyfriend lusts after Heven.  Sam’s going to be all jealous and ready to fight over it; while his little brother tries to straighten the wedge while working for the enemy.  Yes, I think he’s evil.  Heven is going to feel alone even with everyone there because they won’t see the “great divide” going on until the very end.  All these weird things are going to be gunning for Heven; but everyone’s going to be too busy fighting to come to her rescue.  So her powers are going to advance quicker due to the stress.  She’s going to save the day.  The friends will inadvertently find out the truth.  Then everyone’s going to make up and be happy again.  Oh and no one will ever know the little brother is EVIL.  (lol, I have a very active imagination.)


6. Did you enjoy participating in this read along? Will you join in future read alongs?

I LOVED IT!  It forced me to analyze as I read.  I am not at all a professional reviewer; and never give it this much thought.  I am ALL emotion.  Just call me a book enthusiast.  I would absolutely love to sign up for any and all future read alongs.  I often gossip about books with my friends and family, who are non-readers, and they never “get it”.  This is a much better outlet.


Well you guys, it's been alot of fun.  I truly mean that.  I may not have been able to respond to everyone and every week, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions via my Kindle.  I feel like this experience has brought me that much closer to being a blogger addict and loving this book that much more!

Cheers,


About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment