Monday 9 April 2012

Review: Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer

Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1)Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 306 pages
Published November 18th 2011 by Nancy Richardson Fischer

My rating: ♥♥♥♥


When everything you believed about yourself is a lie, how do you unlock the truth…

Evangeline Theopolis has nightmares about the violent deaths of women she has never met. Her single mother, Olivia, suffers delusions she can’t hide. And Malledy, a brilliant young man, may have a disease that will leave him paralyzed and insane. Their lives are about to collide.

On Evangeline’s 16th birthday her mother gives her a necklace with an antique key charm—a family heirloom, though no one knows what the key unlocks.

Everything changes. Her mom is hospitalized. Her godmother attempts murder. An ancient Order tries to kill Evangeline, and a lethal sect to kidnap her.

Nothing makes sense—especially Evangeline’s own face, which has morphed from geeky to eerily stunning; the ancient key that feels strangely alive against her skin; and the magical abilities she begins to possess.

Evangeline must use her wits and supernatural powers to fight her deadly adversaries and discover her true identity. But can she accept who she really is and save the world?



I was given a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

This was my first coming of age book experience. This story is highly addictive: You have Evangeline, a teenage girl with normal physical insecurities, living in a single parent home. She has no living relatives outside of her mom, who had her as a teenager. They’re making the best of their situation, but on Evangeline’s 16th birthday, things get worse. Her mother’s health decline and the world start to get a whole lot crazier.

This is truly a touching and believable story. The mythological supernatural aspects didn’t really come into play until after the climax; and when it did, it fit just as snuggly as a warm blanket fresh out the drier. It added somewhat of a balm to the traumatic events.

I must say, I didn’t expect to be so emotionally invested in the story line. I cried, bit my nails down to the cuticle, and held my breath until I simply had to put the book down to find release. But I couldn’t keep it down for long, because I simply had to know what would happen next. I’m currently in a state of impatience; anxiously awaiting the sequel in The Key Trilogy.


About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment