Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review: The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski

The Annihilation of ForeverlandThe Annihilation of Foreverland
by Tony Bertauski
Kindle Edition
Published December 31st 2011

My rating: EPIC

When kids awake on an island, they’re told there was an accident. Before they can go home, they will visit Foreverland, an alternate reality that will heal their minds. Reed dreams of a girl that tells him to resist Foreverland. He doesn’t remember her name, but knows he once loved her. He’ll have to endure great suffering and trust his dream. And trust he’s not insane. Danny Boy, the new arrival, meets Reed’s dream girl inside Foreverland. She’s stuck in the fantasy land that no kid can resist. Where every heart’s desire is satisfied. Why should anyone care how Foreverland works? Together, they discover what it’s really doing to them.

I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Excuse me people. I’m having an old folk moment. I need to tell a quick story to express how I feel:

When I was little, I used to watch wrestling with my Great Grandmother (We called her “Big Ma”.) She is by far the oldest person I’ve ever known and feared by all. She was an axe wielding very tough cookie of a lady. (Seriously, no joke) Any who, she never cried! (Even when she chopped her big toe off one day chopping wood.) She was always eerily clam. In fact the only thing that would get her hyped was when we watched wrestling. She would yell at the screen telling them to stop hurting our beloved Ric Flair. When I would change the station, she’d make me change it back. A few times she may even have been on the edge of tears, but just couldn’t look away.

This book was like the Flame....Mother-flipping GEORGEOUS, WOOOOOO! From the moment I picked it up, things looked bad.....I mean real bad. This book seriously freaked me out. I never expected a YA book to be so terrifying. I’m a self-proclaimed “know-it-all” and the fact that I couldn’t guess the events of this book scared me shitless. Yet, I could not look away. Like Peter Pan meets Tim Burton!

Imagine being this little boy waking up in a strange bed with a strange elderly old man staring down at you. Yeah he grinning and being all extra nice; but you don’t know who you are. You’re at this camp of all boys. Each has an elderly old man assigned to them. Nobody knows who they are and is just doing what they’re told without question.....getting needles stuck in their head. AGAIN....FREAKED ME OUT!

The words in this book were tangible! The characters were hopeless. I was hopeless. They were confused. I was confused. They didn’t know what was going on. Heck, I was reading it, and I didn’t even know. The author did an excellent job of keeping the reader in suspense. When things started to unravel and reveal themselves...Whoa-mama! Thanks to this book, I now fear old people! Here’s another book, I have no problem rating as “EPIC”!




About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment