Wednesday 18 April 2012

Masquerade Read-Along April 1 - 28, 2012: Week 3 (Q & A)


Readalongbadge
WEEK THREE Questions:
April 19th – Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
Chapters 16-24
5 Discussion Questions
1.       Heven’s mother has definite ideas about Heven and her scars – what they mean – and their relationship is strained. Do you think their relationship can be saved?
Nuh uh!  I had a serious WTF moment when I read that……*took a pause…looked around* like when someone says something utterly stupid, has a self satisfying look on their face, everyone else is carrying on as usual, and you’re asking yourself if you’re the only one who heard that.  Self: “Did she really say that to her own daughter?  And mean it?”  I’m just as hurt as Heven!  There isn’t any going back after that.  Some things can’t be taken back, no matter how sorry she may be after the fact.  Words cut deeper than a machete sometimes.
 2. Sam tells Heven about how he came to be living on his own, how his parents kicked him out after he became what he is. He doesn’t seem angry though, he seems to accept it. Would you be angry? Do you think he should be?
I wouldn’t be mad.  I can imagine the confusion of transforming into something unknown as the age of thirteen and thinking you’re a monster.  It must have been traumatizing and demeaning at the same time.  When you think you’re evil, it’s kind of hard to get mad at another for rejection.  It’s when you think higher of yourself that you would be upset about it.   
 3. During these chapters, Heven and Sam visit the Inbetween and meet Airis (aka The Hope). Were you surprised by this series of events? Do you think a place like the InBetween really exists?
I was very surprised!  I was practically embarrassing myself on the train giggling out loud to myself.  I didn’t think anyone would get mortally injured.  I was so sad for a moment there.  Yes I believe in an Inbetween.  Why not?  When I was in the military, every time I had a change of duty or deployment of any kind, I had to first go through a transition point.  It was a facility for reception and pre-orientation into every new tour.  Whenever you travel abroad, the customs at the airport or boarder is the same thing.   So it only makes sense that there would be a waiting area after death and between heaven and hell.
 4. When Heven’s scars are no longer a part of her and she says “she no longer recognizes herself” – do you think that the absence of her scar will change her once more?
I sure hope not, but there’s no guarantee.  Sometimes God send us through trials and tribulations, and then bring us through.  We’re the perfect angels right after, but sometimes we forget the pain and go back to, if not get worst then before.  I don’t think Heven was a bad person before, but I do think she was naive and didn’t value herself.  I hope she remembers that “everyone is not her friend” and have a little more self confidence.
 5. Gran is very accepting of Heven and of Sam. Do you think that she understands more – knows more than she lets on about Heven’s life or do you think her love is just unconditional?
OMG…that’s exactly what I was thinking.  Grams got some kind of secret powers or something.  I think she may even be on to Sam’s sneaking in at night and hanging around.  Age doesn’t make you stupid; it just means you know all the tricks.  In regards to Heven, I think she really loves her grand-daughter; yet she’s definitely wise to more than the story is revealing right now.

It’s been tough but we’re almost done!  ONE LAST READING SESSION!

About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment