Friday 20 April 2012

ARC Review: Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke

Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun #1)Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke

Paperback, 258 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by Balam Press

My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥



DECEMBER 21, 2012 Will that fateful day destroy our world, or did the Mayans have something else in mind?

Maya Delaney knows. Unfortunately.

Maya Delaney is just an average sixteen-year-old. She’s busy dealing with exams, her soon to be ex-boyfriend and fitting in.

But Maya’s got bigger problems. She’s hiding a major secret from her dad and having strange visions she can’t control.

In her struggle to figure out who she is, she learns that she is meant to fulfill an ancient Mayan Prophesy and bring forth a New Age on earth.

Will the spirit magic Maya wields be enough to defeat Toltec, an evil society bent on keeping her from her destiny?

Or will that destiny destroy her?
The whole drama and suspense surrounding the Mayan apocalypse is definitely a worm on the hook.  The Mayan civilization has always been awe-inspiring with their incredible feats with advancements in the sciences.  It is no wonder, for centuries, that the whole world has looking to their apocalypse predicted date.  But there is still so much mystery surrounding this fateful day.  It was a breath of fresh air to see an author take this phenomenon and create a complex Mayan mythology paranormal tale that is highly original. 

♥ It’s a love story with a bit of a triangle
♥ There’s suspense and thrill
♥ There’s a heroine
♥ There’s Prophecies
♥ There’s shape shifters
♥ There’s secrets, lies and secret societies

Jaguar Sun is one of those books that once you’re finished reading it you’re bouncing up and down in your seat in anticipation to tell somebody about it.  But you can’t because if you do you may ruin the experience for them. 

I was so excited to get a slot on this tour.  Let me tell you…I read the synopsis and it doesn’t even begin to crack the spine of this book.  I absolutely loved this book.  The unfolding of the plot was unexpected and highly original.  The characters were very believable.  Mayan mythology is new to me; and this was on shape shifter tale that I will not soon forget.



About the Blogger
I'm Katrina, founder of Kindred Dreamheart. I'm an aspiring junior & women's petite celebrity "red carpet" clothing designer and book lover. I read select genres. However if it's a series I'm sure I'd love it also regardless of the genre. I read when I want to be entertained; watch TV when I'm bored; and when I'm not designing something fabulous, I blog. (((Contact Me)))

No comments:

Post a Comment