Saturday 28 July 2012

{Guest Post} : Guardian Trilogy by Liz Schulte

Hello all:

I've been out of town for the last week, but this guest post was in my inbox.  It's too late for the tour but too awesome not to still share.  Enjoy!

From the author of
Secrets (Guardian Trilogy)Choices




The Sounds of Choices


Certain songs have always reminded me of certain moments in my life. As if my life had a soundtrack.

I feel the same way about my characters and their stories. Sometimes I hear a song and I think that is
Olivia or Holden’s story. This should be Quintus’ theme. For the book Choices these are the songs that speak the loudest to me.


Jar of Hearts- Christina Perri
If I had to choose one song to represent the entire book, Choices, it would be this song. I love
the emotion and the heart break that comes through in the lyrics and the singing. The song is
has a feeling of disillusionment as do two of my main characters.


Oh My God- Ida Maria
This song describes Olivia’s feelings well. She is angry at the way her life has turned out. It has a
manic, grasping at straws, screaming at the universe.


Your Ghost- Greg Laswell
This song reminds me of Holden. It is a song about loss and having trouble letting go,


You’re Beautiful- James Blunt
This song makes me think of Quintus. He knows she loves Holden, but he still has hope she will
come around to him. He believes he loves her and he doesn’t know what to do.

Thank you for having me today. What songs remind you of a moment in your life or could be your theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment