Saturday 17 December 2011

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
My rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
Oh wow, this was so good I didn't realize it was over until I reached the acknowledgements page. My face dropped! I was looking so sad, this random guy on the train asked me, "What's wrong?" Uggghh, I know it’s not right, but I wanted to slap him just for talking to me. Stupid nosy strangers! Stupid end of the book! Uggghh, anyway this was a bleeping funny book over all. I mean it is a paranormal ya novel, but the humor is what kept my attention. The romance took a back seat to the overall story line. It was also very, very believable. I really like Lend. Lend...oh Lend, must be nice to be a hot guy who could be any Hot guy in the world! *SIGH* Evie...someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the girl on the cover looks alot like Scarlett Johansson?!?!? Anyway, Evie was kind of a ditz and if not careful could really turn some readers off. I was happy to see that there wasn’t any annoying cliff hanger. It just sort of ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment