Wednesday 6 June 2012

Tour Stop/ Review: Want by Stephanie Lawton

WantWant by Stephanie Lawton
Expected publication: June 7th 2012 by InkSpell Publishing
Rating:  ♥♥♥♥♥

Julianne counts the days until she can pack her bags and leave her old-money, tradition-bound Southern town where appearance is everything and secrecy is a way of life. A piano virtuoso, she dreams of attending a prestigious music school in Boston. Failure is not an option, so she enlists the help of New England Conservatory graduate Isaac Laroche.
Julianne can’t understand why Isaac suddenly gave up Boston’s music scene to return to the South. He doesn’t know her life depends on escaping it before she inherits her mother’s madness. Isaac knows he must resist his attraction to a student ten years his junior, but loneliness and jealousy threaten his resolve.
Their indiscretion at a Mardi Gras ball—the pinnacle event for Mobile’s elite—forces their present wants and needs to collide with sins of the past.
Will Julianne accept the help she’s offered and get everything she ever wanted, or will she self-destruct and take Isaac down with her?





As a young girl, I watched my mom watch countless hours of shows and movies on Lifetime.  I’ve come to realize that “depression” is entertaining.  “Hardships” as a whole bring us together thinking with one mind of justice, hugs all around, and Kumbayah.  Yet it is hardships at its singular level that separates.  It separates with secretly and closed lips.  That one individual experiencing it within an isolation of their emotions emits selfishness to thinking they are the only person in the world that has problems.   For the first portion of this book, things were hopeless.  I had more than one emotional episode.  I needed a hero.  I needed to know there’s a sun behind the gray clouds.  I needed to know that I could fit into my high school jeans after losing five pounds.  There’s a reason I prefer Cartoon Network and SYFY to Mom’s beloved Lifetime Network.  I often dive into the world of fiction to escape the hardships of reality so my books if not joyous, should, no must contain a morale, if not Happy Ending.  I was shocked to find out that “Want” contained a lot of hard learned lessons.  The walnut of characters with hard shells took me deeper into the story to see what secrets lie beneath.  Before I knew it I was midway through and with tears in my eyes….deliberating.  I eventually soldiered up and carried on with a certain level of numbness that only trauma could obtain.  In the end I was so glad I finished.  This story truly touched me far more different than any book I have ever read and I cherish the experience.

**Honest Review = Free Copy via Tour Courtesy of Inkspell Publishing **


No comments:

Post a Comment